TB3 peripheral (AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini) with 2013 iMac 27 TB1?
Can this adapter be used do add this Akitio peripheral (4bay ssd) to a 2013 iMac 27 i7 which has TB1? port. I know the speed will be limited, but I am assuming the iMac will be upgraded before the drive bays.
- Asked by fn from Seaforth
- Flag as inappropriate (TB3 peripheral (AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini) with 2013 iMac 27 TB1?)
2 Answers from the Community
Just tried to connect a 2015 5K iMac with TB2 to a Lacie USB-c/TB3 hard drive using this adapter and it did not work. The drive works with a USB-c to USB3 cable so it seems that not all peripherals will work with this adapter on older iMacs.
- Answered by Michael P from Beacon Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It should work.
The AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini is macOS compatible.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows connecting Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 computers. It also allows connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 computers.
You should be running macOS Sierra or later (the AKiTiO says 10.12.3 and later).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i used on iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)?
- Asked by Amando F from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (can i used on iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 16GB DDR4 2400M…
No answers yet
Will the 27 inch 5k display work with late 2013 Mac Pro?
- Asked by Yuan G from Wembley
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 27 inch 5k display work with late 2013 Mac Pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display