Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
I understand that the LG UltraFine 4k display uses USB-C and the 2015 Retina MacBook Pro has two thunderbolt 2 ports. Should this adapter work with a thunderbolt 2 cord to connect these two devices?
- Asked by Taurean B from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
2 Answers from the Community
It works fine for me. I use Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter together with Thunderbolt cable to connect macBook Pro Mid 2015 and the LG ULTRAFINE 5K (27")
- Answered by Mette Wendtland M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter only transmits Thunderbolt signals and is therefore only for connecting Thunderbolt devices. A Thunderbolt device is required to convert Thunderbolt signals to DisplayPort or HDMI. The Thunderbolt ports of the MacBook Pro can also send DisplayPort signals, but the LG UltraFine 4K requires both USB and DisplayPort signals over a USB-C cable. Therefore, to connect the LG UltraFine 4K display to a 2015 MacBook Pro, use the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device or dock that has two Thunderbolt 3 ports or a USB-C port that supports DisplayPort alt mode.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this LG UltraFine 4k Display power the new 16 inch MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Alan M from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Will this LG UltraFine 4k Display power the new 16 inch MacBook Pro?
Can I Connect Two MacBook Pros, and Switch Between Them?
- Asked by Sean P from Smyrna
- Flag as inappropriate Can I Connect Two MacBook Pros, and Switch Between Them?
Will this work with my MacBook Air (late 2010) charger to use with my MacBook Pro with Retina display, 15-inches (mid -2015)?