Is there audio quality lost when using a headphone jack adapter instead of having the jack built into the iPhone X?
3 Answers from the Community
- Answered by Andrei P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Having recently moved from a iPhone 6 to 7plus I find the bass and separation degraded. I don’t know if Apple have used a different DAC in the adapter compared to the on board DAC in the 6 but certainly the sound has deteriorated. Listening via Sennheiser Momentum phones, Onkyo HF Player App, Hi Res FLAC Files.
- Answered by John R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The built in dac and amp in the apple branded headphone adapter is roughly on par with the ones built in the iPhone 6s.
Some tests show audio quality being ever so slightly worse, while some tests show it to be every so slightly better. Though most people wont notice any difference between the two.
Since the lightning connector sends out a digital unaltered signal compared to the analog jack, it does give you the potential to have better sound quality if you use a higher quality third party adapter.
If you want the best sound quality then use a lightning to USB adapter which will allow you to attach a very high quality hi res audio USB dac/amp.
- Answered by Sanjay V from Richmond Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Would it work with iPhone 8 using the headphone jack adapter?
- Asked by Martin P from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (Would it work with iPhone 8 using the headphone jack adapter?)
- Asked about: Belkin 3.5mm Flat Right Angle Mini …
Can I plug Apple headphones into the dock audio jack while an iPhone is docked and charging and use the headphones to make phone calls?
- Asked by Joel A
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug Apple headphones into the dock audio jack while an iPhone is docked and charging and use the headphones to make phone calls?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
Does this also work as a microphone jack / audio line in adapter?
- Asked by Patrick H from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this also work as a microphone jack / audio line in adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adap…