what chargers can i use with macbook pro 2017
2 Answers from the Community
Ideally, you should use the 87W charger with a proper 5A/100W cable, but lower-powered chargers will also work.
Keep in mind that running a CPU or GPU intensive task (like encoding a video) with an external monitor attached can easily draw 60W, so anything less than the 87W adapter will result in curtailed charging speed wile doing computationally intensive tasks.
On the other hand, using lower-powered chargers can provide portability and flexibility advantages.
Assuming that the 2017 is the same as the 2016, you can actually (slowly) charge your MacBook Pro 15" with any decent apple-coded 5V, 2.4A 12W charger (like an iPad charger) via a USB-A to USB-C cable. Such a charger could also provide most of the power needed for lightweight tasks, like checking email, without drawing much power from the internal battery.
The MBP 15" also works with a 15W (5V @ 3A) USB Type-C chargers, and many higher-powered USB Type-C chargers with USB-PD support. I'm running mine off a 30W USB-PD capable external battery right now. I've also powered it with a 27W capable USB-PD compliant car charger and a (somewhat) pocketable 27W USB-PD wall-wart.
- Answered by Erik S from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As far as I know any charger with 65W at least, 20.2V 4.3A. I recommend you this model, because is the one that came with the computer in the box.
- Answered by Gustavo Alberto C from Jalisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the videomicro work with a Macbook Pro 2017?
- Asked by Kevin B from Newcastle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the videomicro work with a Macbook Pro 2017?)
- Asked about: RØDE Microphones VideoMicro Mobile …
2017 macbook pro 15" will this fit?
- Asked by Brent B from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate (2017 macbook pro 15" will this fit?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…
Does this work with 2017 macbook pro (15”)?
- Asked by Mohammad Ashraful I from Texax
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with 2017 macbook pro (15”)?)
- Asked about: mophie powerstation USB-C XXL Unive…