Cables needed to migrate a mid 2010 iMac to new 2018 iMac?

I am assuming I will need to buy the Thunderbolt 3 cable when I purchase my new iMac. To migrate from my mid 2010 iMac to the new iMac, what else will be required? There is no Thunderbolt portal on my 2010 iMac.

Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)

Back To Product

Follow this Question

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C cable and adapter options are quite complex and confusing.

    The simplest and cheapest option seems to be a USB-A to USB-C cable; Apple sells the Belkin USB-A to USB-C Cable.

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    3 of 5 people found this useful

Related Questions