What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
I am thinking about picking up an iMac Pro, but I currently use a VESA compatible monitor stand to hold the monitors I use with my current mac pro... The listed weight of the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds, and my mount will support up to 19.8 pounds per arm... I figure the base is probably at least a couple pounds, but the weight of the VESA mount isn't listed anywhere. Just want to make sure of the total weight before I commit.
3 Answers from the Community
It's been a while since this question has been posted, but I just came across this post so maybe someone will still find this useful.
I've been using the Ergotron MX Wall Monitor Arm (45-228-026) with a 27" iMac (factory VESA option) for several years. This arm is rated for 30 lbs. and has no issues holding the iMac in place.
- Answered by James C from Yorkville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've just weighed the stand, though I can't weigh the iMac Pro itself on account of it being mounted and in use, but the stand itself weighs 1116g / 2.46lb
- Answered by Kier D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Although I don't have the exact weight the VESA mount also states it requires a stand/mount that can support 21.5 lb. I tried a SIIG articulating stand that supports 22lb and it wasn't able to hold a position. Quality of the mount and weight capacity should both be considered. I don't think I would trust a couple hundred dollar (at most) VESA stand/mount to hold a several thousand dollar iMac Pro that is not rated to hold at least the required weight capacity.
- Answered by Josh A from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?
- Asked by Karma D from North
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - T…
How much weight does it add to the 11ProMax? What’s the total weight? If the device can only be delivered by ground, can it be taken on a plane?
- Asked by Tom W from Boynton Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (How much weight does it add to the 11ProMax? What’s the total weight? If the device can only be delivered by ground, can it be taken on a plane?)
- Asked about: iPhone 11 Pro Max Smart Battery Cas…
Can it go into portrait mode with the stand it comes with? If not, can it go into portrait mode with a VESA mount?
- Asked by J B M from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it go into portrait mode with the stand it comes with? If not, can it go into portrait mode with a VESA mount?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display