Say you have 1 AirPod from gen 1 and one AirPod from gen 2, would they work together & play sound?
I need to replace my gen 1 AirPod but it only allows me to buy gen 2
2 Answers from the Community
No they will not, After reading a previous answer to this question and went out and bought a right gen 1 airpod. The AirPods I have are gen 2 and I lost the right one. I was totally misled. When I put the right gen 1 AirPod in my gen 2 charging case (not the wireless one), it gave me the message ‘Mismatched AirPod: the AirPods in the charging case are different generations and do not work together’. I tried finding a solution online but haven’t seen anyone even talking about the issue.
- Answered by Farah W from St. Cloud
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. You can use one from gen 1 and the other one from gen 2. Put different airpods in same case and keep the case closed for few minutes then it will automatically work together. When you open the airpods case near iPhone with airpods in it, iPhone shows which one is gen 1 or 2.
- Answered by Daniel Y from 대구
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?
- Asked by Lynn D from Middlemount
- Flag as inappropriate (Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can you charge an iPad Pro 1st generation on here (the large one)?
- Asked by Jenni H from Capella
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you charge an iPad Pro 1st generation on here (the large one)?)
- Asked about: mophie Wireless Charging Pad
I have two iPhone 5s, one with 10.2.1 and the other with 11.02. will it make any difference, or will it work on both operating systems?
- Asked by Ian W
- Flag as inappropriate (I have two iPhone 5s, one with 10.2.1 and the other with 11.02. will it make any difference, or will it work on both operating systems?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter