What USB-C brick wattage would be the best to be able to fast charge both the case and phone simultaneously?
I understand that both the case and iPhone XS Max have fast-charging over USB-C. I have the 29W brick right now, do I need a higher wattage one to charge both. I get that it’ll charge the phone first, but apparently if you have enough wattage going to the case and phone both can fast-charge at the same time.
2 Answers from the Community
I currently have the Apple USB-C 30W Power adaptor and I just picked up the smart battery case and apparently it's charging both the phone and the case at the same time. Smart battery came in at 1% charged when I got it. Phone was at 62%. Plugged the USB-C to lightning the smart battery case. I thought it would charge the phone first and then the smart battery case but apparently it was charging both the phone and the case at the same time. When my phone was at 70%, the case was at 25%. That was 2 hours ago. Right now both ar 100%. Really fast charging.
- Answered by Paul K from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
...to charge both @ full speed/fast charge, you’ll need the USB-C to Lightening cable & a adapter that can output 30w on up through the power delivery(PD) output port...29w should be fine..Might be slightly slower but it’ll do the job”
- Answered by Logo S from Port Jefferson Station
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If I have Lifeproof case on my phone, will I be able to use this dock to charge it without taking the case off my phone?
- Asked by Robin A from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have Lifeproof case on my phone, will I be able to use this dock to charge it without taking the case off my phone?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
When charging it from the wall charger, does it stop charging when both are 100% charged up ?
- Asked by Peter P from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (When charging it from the wall charger, does it stop charging when both are 100% charged up ?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…