Can I connect other USBC devices to the port or is this only to pass power?
After plugging this into my Mac - there is an available USBC and USBA connection on the adaptor. I know I can connect other peripherals to the USBA connector. Can I also connect other peripherals to the other USBC input?
2 Answers from the Community
As far as my experience has gone this only passes power. If you plug in other items you are likely to burn them out (has happened to me)
- Answered by Mark D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can use a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 hub with USB-PD connected to this port. I have a Thunderbolt dock wired into this, which passes through power but also provides video and other connectivity. I could just use the Thunderbolt doc, but this setup allows me to use the Digital AV Multiport Adapter with the iPad Pro as well, which doesn't support Thunderbolt, only USB-C.
- Answered by Erica W from Wynnewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you connect a USB-C hub to plug in other devices like USB-A devices?
- Asked by Donald D from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a USB-C hub to plug in other devices like USB-A devices?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Can the usb port on this adapter draw power to charge other devices such as from and iPad to an iPhone?
- Asked by Peyton C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the usb port on this adapter draw power to charge other devices such as from and iPad to an iPhone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter