are the new Airpods waterproof?
- Asked by fn from The Vines
- Flag as inappropriate (are the new Airpods waterproof?)
7 Answers from the Community
They should be fairly be resistant against things like light rain and sweat but nothing anymore severer than that. That means you should not use then in Heavy rain, swimming, or in the bath/shower.
- Answered by Hunter C from Tiny
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Depends I accidentally put my boyfriends AirPods in the washing machine not knowing they were in there and when I took them out of the charging case the AirPods were completely dry including the case and they still worked perfectly. Definitely wouldn’t recommend but they can take a fair bit of water since they survived the washing machine
- Answered by Brittney F from Harriston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I know the word from Apple is that Airpods are not waterproof. But I just left my airpods loose (i.e. NOT IN THE THE CHARGING CASE) in my pants pocket and my wife put the pants in the washing machine. Went through a full wash, rinse cycle. Then a drying cycle in the dryer. And... (drumroll please) they are working perfectly! So impressed with Apple products again and again.
- Answered by Danny O from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, they are not advertised as being waterproof.
- Answered by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Obviously AirPods are advertised as completely non waterproof. However, I dropped my AirPods in a hot tub and they were completely submerged for multiple minutes. When I pulled them out and dried them off they worked like nothing even happened and charge without problem as well. This is definitely an exception and not the rule but I’m so impressed. Apple always makes high quality products and I’m sure any other headphone would be completely unusable after something like this.
- Answered by Jake F from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Supposedly they are not but I accidentally left my AirPods inside my pants and completely forgot when I put them in the washer today. Went out to switch the load and saw the pods were in there. Immediately thought I’m screwed and when I placed them back inside the charging pod the small light turned on so I put them in my ear and TADAAA they work! Not saying go dunk them in a glass of water but hey counting this as a blessing! Also, the whole charging pod and ear attachments themselves were washed. So they can take some water.
- Answered by Priscilla D from Hialeah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I wore mine in the shower now they do not work if you have the cash to replace them cough cough YouTube ad revenue then go ahead swim with them but otherwise don’t because then you will not have awsome airpods to listen to music with
- Answered by Jay D from Tamp
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Are the AirPods are waterproof
- Asked by Praveen P from Hyderabad
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the AirPods are waterproof)
- Asked about: AirPods Pro
Is the Apple AirPods charging case waterproof?
- Asked by Andrea M from Brookshire
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Apple AirPods charging case waterproof?)
- Asked about: Wireless Charging Case for AirPods
Does it work with the new airpods
- Asked by Leo C from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the new airpods)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Special Edition Wir…