Does the smart cover from an iPad Mini 4 fit the new iPad Mini gen 5?
- Asked by fn from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the smart cover from an iPad Mini 4 fit the new iPad Mini gen 5?)
4 Answers from the Community
It attaches the same and it'll work to protect your iPad Mini 5 screen but it's not a perfect fit. In the closed position, the Mini 4 Smart Cover overhangs the right edge of the Mini 5 by about 2-3mm. it's noticeable visually and when holding, you feel the edge of the smart cover. The Mini 5 Smart Cover, on the other hand, sits flush with the right edge. When holding, you feel the iPad and not the edge of the cover.
- Answered by Jason C from Issaquah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Smart Cover for iPad mini 4 was engineered to work with the Smart Case (a two-part solution they tested, that has since been discontinued). The Smart Cover Generation 4 overhangs the iPad mini 4 the same way if you use it without the Smart Case. It's one of those little things that is off just enough to be annoying. Very Grateful Apple updated the design for Smart Cover Generation 5
- Answered by Richard J. D from Dover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
iPad mini (5th Generation)
iPad mini 4
- Answered by John S from Ypsilanti
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes the Smart Cover fits both, but if you have the old Smart Folio Cover, the cut-outs don’t line up.
- Answered by Derek J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Would it fit an iPad Mini 4 Generation
- Asked by Sandra R from Bryan
- Flag as inappropriate (Would it fit an iPad Mini 4 Generation)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Play2 Case for iPad (6th…
No answers yet
Is this case for the new iPad Mini 5?
- Asked by James H from Holland
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this case for the new iPad Mini 5?)
- Asked about: STM Dux Plus Duo Case for iPad (6th…