Is there a function to use this case while it has a full charge, and not have it charge your phone?
I love my Apple devices, and I was excited when Apple released a version of this for the iPhone 6. I used it with great success and it was a great product, however, it only was "always charging". There was not a way to use the case and not have it charge your phone. I started experiencing some issues with iPhone 6 and the battery began to swell. I opened a case with Apple and it was kicked around so many times until I was forgotten about. I truly believed that my battery started to swell because I used this case as my primary case for my phone, but didn't have the option to turn the case off. Does the case have a function that is able to stop it from powering the phone while the phone is in the case?
- Asked by Ryan T from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate Is there a function to use this case while it has a full charge, and not have it charge your phone?
2 Answers from the Community
No. When and how much it charges is controlled by software
- Answered by Tom B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I had the 6s case and what I did when I didn't want it to charge was just pull the phone out so it's still in the case but not plugged into the lightning connector. Although it looks funny, it's the only option besides just not having the case on until you need it.
- Answered by Mark M from Wallingford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you charge on a flat charging dock while the phone is in its case
- Asked by Cheryl T from Boronia
- Flag as inappropriate Can you charge on a flat charging dock while the phone is in its case
Can this case be left on while charging the iPhone?
- Asked by Abby H from Oceanside
- Flag as inappropriate Can this case be left on while charging the iPhone?
Will this phone case, while on, allow wireless charging?
- Asked by Jill G from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Will this phone case, while on, allow wireless charging?