What's the comfort rating on the Airpod Pro version? Do they fall out, like the originals, or, with the silicone tip make them more secure? Thank you
6 Answers from the Community
Comfortable, but... For me, on an airplane trip, the Pros kept eventually slipping out after 30 mins or so. I tried all 3 different sizes of gel, but had the same problem. I don't think Apple have really cracked this. I have the original Mk1 AirPods with cheap gels and bought the pros as I thought they'd be a worthy upgrade. After a week, I returned the Pros and kept on with the originals. My final analysis - AirPod Mk 1s with gels on are absolutely the equal in sound quality to the Pros and they don't fall out of my ears after 30 mins. I can afford to keep both - I just wasn't sold on the upgrade after living with the Pros for a week. I certainly wouldn't run with the Pros in my ears - I wouldn't trust them to stay in.
- Answered by Ben G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I had to adjust my first and second generation AirPods all the time with the AirPod Pro they fit perfectly out of the box with the silicone tips amazing fit thank you!
- Answered by Dan V from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Have to push my left one in every 10 min or so... tried all tips. Small tip worked for my right tho lol.
- Answered by Joey T from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The silicone tips help but they will fall out with longer usage and especially with higher impact activities like running. However if you add aftermarket ear hooks these are game changers. I wish apple would sell these or include with airpod pro. I've been running long distances and I can tell you these are must buys if you are in the market and will be using for anything other than just casual use.
- Answered by Cesar F from Vista
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No they do not fall out as easily since they have ear tips to fit your ear. There’s a little bit of pressure with noise cancellation, but not enough to be too uncomfortable. If you have them on for awhile, about a couple of hours, they do make your ears hurt which can make them uncomfortable. I would say to listen constantly for 2 hours at most so you can give your ears a break.
- Answered by Daniel R from Maricopa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
They fit a much larger range of people, and are supposedly far more comfortable. I haven’t gotten mine in the mail just yet, but a lot of YouTube’s have said they are quite resistant to falling out of your ear.
- Answered by Nathan N from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Do the silicone tips that fit the Powerbeats 3 also fot the Powerbeats Pro?
- Asked by Pamela C from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate Do the silicone tips that fit the Powerbeats 3 also fot the Powerbeats Pro?
If you have the pencil where can you buy more tips?
- Asked by Cassandra A from Stillwater
- Flag as inappropriate If you have the pencil where can you buy more tips?
Do they automatically pair with your phone like the AirPods do when you put them in your ears?
- Asked by Kennedy S from Clyde Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Do they automatically pair with your phone like the AirPods do when you put them in your ears?