How exactly does this work? As the primary battery to keep my phone at 100% at all times? And when it's dead, switch to the phone battery?
3 Answers from the Community
It is 'Smart' :) It works as you'd expect and desire: When fully charged, the battery case depletes first, then the iPhone. So if at any time you took the case off, the Phone would still be fully charged, if possible. When placed on charge via a Qi mat or Lightning, all power first charges the iPhone, then charges the battery case. As you would want. Unlike 3rd party external USB chargers, iPhone knows it's not _really_ on charge - it knows it's not on a wall charger in other words. The phone still acts like it's on battery power. That means the phone won't drain your batteries by analysing the contents of your photo library, doing large iCloud syncs, and other things which only happen when on the charger. This means the Smart Battery Case actually lasts a lot longer in use than it's mAh rating would suggest - because the phone treats it like a battery, not a charge. I hope this makes sense. :)
- Answered by Rowan P from Old Noarlunga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If it works as previous editions of battery cases it will keep your phone charged up to 100% and may you give an option to turn it on and off, after it runs out of battery it will return to the iPhone battery and the iPhone will drain normal battery. Hope this answers your questions!
- Answered by Rose Y from Richardson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
it uses up the case battery first then the actual phone battery
- Answered by Heidi S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is the battery of the case replaceable?
- Asked by Osman G from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Is the battery of the case replaceable?
Will my iPhone always be connected to the ethernet, even if I am not using the iPhone?
- Asked by John S from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Will my iPhone always be connected to the ethernet, even if I am not using the iPhone?
Apple Watch 5 cellular - is it easy to turn off cellular function when not needed to save battery time?
- Asked by Annabel O from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Apple Watch 5 cellular - is it easy to turn off cellular function when not needed to save battery time?