Similar questions from the community
Is the Blackmagic eGPU work with a macbook pro? Also is it portable/ functional to take to different working locations?
I study architecture and Design and create 3d renderings and want to improve the graphics processor that I have on my macbook pro- hoping that the Blackmagic eGPU could help to achieve this. I would be taking this Blackmagic eGPU to and from my work space to my home.
- Asked by Alexis T from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate Is the Blackmagic eGPU work with a macbook pro? Also is it portable/ functional to take to different working locations?
Will the Blackmagic eGPU work with an iMac that has Thunderbolt 2 ports?
I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) with two Thunderbolt 2 ports. I am wondering if this eGPU will work with my computer using a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adaptor?
- Asked by Jeff H from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Will the Blackmagic eGPU work with an iMac that has Thunderbolt 2 ports?
What are the physical dimensions of the Blackmagic eGPU?
- Asked by Jon R from Crossville
- Flag as inappropriate What are the physical dimensions of the Blackmagic eGPU?
Can I use one eGPU for two computers?
I have both a Mac Mini and a Macbook Pro. Can they share the same Blackmagic eGPU at the same time?
- Asked by 佳博 于 from Long Island City
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use one eGPU for two computers?
Does eGPU reduce heat in macbook pro?
Hello, wondering if this eGPU would help keep the fans off on my macbook pro while gaming? I tried gaming solely on my macbook pro and it was getting really hot and noisy with the fans at full tilt. I got the Radeon Pro 560 in my macbook pro with 3.1 Ghz processor but I am worried about excessive heat and fan overdrive in the system. I am also not seeing a pro model on apple's site, is the pro model with the Radeon RX Vega 56 available? The cooling aspect is most important for me.
- Asked by Lucas L from Lindsay
- Flag as inappropriate Does eGPU reduce heat in macbook pro?
No answers yet
Would this be additional GPU with 8gb, or a substitutional GPU with 8gb? The new MacBookPro has 4gb, would this give me 12gb for programs? or 8?
Understanding the Performance increase with Blackmagic eGPU and MacBookPro
- Asked by Marlon A from Blacksburg
- Flag as inappropriate Would this be additional GPU with 8gb, or a substitutional GPU with 8gb? The new MacBookPro has 4gb, would this give me 12gb for programs? or 8?
Is the eGPU user upgradeable?
Can the user open this chassis and swap out the Radeon Pro 580 for another GPU?
- Asked by Matthew S from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Is the eGPU user upgradeable?
Hi, that product looks like very interesting, but I want to know if this eGPU works only for graphics or it could work train deep learning algorithms
My machine is a MacBook Pro, early 2015. Can It eGPU work with my laptop?
Can you edit footage from the external drives connected through eGPU USB ports? Is the bandwidth high enough?
I have macbook pro that I use for video editing (premiere, resolve). I want to improve timeline performance. My footage is on the external USB drives. If I connect them through blackmagic eGPU, can I still benefit from gpu acceleration, or does data transfer of footage eats up the whole bandwidth?
Does the Blackmagic EGPU work on Photoshop?
- Asked by Haman G from Berwick
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Blackmagic EGPU work on Photoshop?
No answers yet
If I use the Blackmagic eGPU, can I use three LG ultra 5k monitors with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, 4 TBT3) ???
I have three 5K LG monitors. The two monitors are connected like this. Plug one display into a Thunderbolt 3 port on the left side of my MBP, and the other display into a Thunderbolt 3 port on the right side. If I use the Blackmagic eGPU, can I use three LG ultra 5k monitors?
Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display and an HDMI connected display?
I have a 2018 Mac Mini, connected to an Apple Thunderbolt display using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt adapter and via HDMI to a Dell U2715H display. If I connected both of these to the BlackMagic eGPU and the eGPU to my Mac, will both screens get accelerated or just one? I am assuming both but never used something like this before.
- Asked by Robin J
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display and an HDMI connected display?
Exact details on how to use the Blackmagic eGPU with 2 x 4K USB-C monitors. How is this configured with only 2 thunderbolt 3 ports?
I am a little bit put off this product as it only has 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports on it. One is clearly needed for the mac, the other being available for a display. I run 2 x LG 4K displays using USB-C so no adaptor is currently needed. They are both plugged into the thunderbolt 3 ports on the side of my MacBook Pro 2018. How would this be handled when using the eGPU? Would I lose the extra power of the eGPU for operations involving the display plugged directly into the MBP, while one was plugged directly into the eGPU? Does the eGPU do it's processing and send it back into the mac, regardless of where the monitors are plugged in? Or do the monitors need to be plugged in to the eGPU to get any benefit? Many thanks, Jamie.
- Asked by James L from Clermont
- Flag as inappropriate Exact details on how to use the Blackmagic eGPU with 2 x 4K USB-C monitors. How is this configured with only 2 thunderbolt 3 ports?