Similar questions from the community
Will this product have any benefits for Logic Pro X users or sound designers in general?
Will it help free up processing for running more plugins or adding track counts since it will be handling most of the graphics load? ...Or, maybe if running multiple external monitors while editing? Thanks in advance! I’m running a built out 15” MBpro w/ touchbar (Summer 2017) and 27” 4k Samsung monitor.
- Asked by Mark V from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate Will this product have any benefits for Logic Pro X users or sound designers in general?
Can anyone speak to real-world performance benefits?
I own a 2016 13" MacbookPro and the LG 5k display. Typically I use it for programming (VSCode, XCode etc.), occasional light gaming. Drawn to this product as it works with the display and would make a decent desktop dock with its extra ports and power. I do notice windows get a bit choppy on the 5k display, so I'm curious the benefits that this eGPU will bring - essentially will it be enough to notice in my every day? Benchmarks seem to focus on either heavy 3D games or video rendering.
- Asked by Chris K from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Can anyone speak to real-world performance benefits?
Is the eGPU user upgradeable?
Can the user open this chassis and swap out the Radeon Pro 580 for another GPU?
- Asked by Matthew S from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Is the eGPU user upgradeable?
I have a mac pro (late 2012) which I believe has Thunderbolt 2 ports (6). Does this product not work with my mac pro?
- Asked by Carey M from Savannah
- Flag as inappropriate I have a mac pro (late 2012) which I believe has Thunderbolt 2 ports (6). Does this product not work with my mac pro?
Does this product meet the required specification for using Octane Render?
I’m looking to purchase an eGPU and planning to use to improve performance working with motion graphics and 3D design. I will be using adobe After effects, Cinema 4D and Octane Render and am about to purchase a new 27inch iMac to work with. Does anybody know whether this meets the minimum requirements to get the best out of those softwares? Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Ben H from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Does this product meet the required specification for using Octane Render?
Exact details on how to use the Blackmagic eGPU with 2 x 4K USB-C monitors. How is this configured with only 2 thunderbolt 3 ports?
I am a little bit put off this product as it only has 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports on it. One is clearly needed for the mac, the other being available for a display. I run 2 x LG 4K displays using USB-C so no adaptor is currently needed. They are both plugged into the thunderbolt 3 ports on the side of my MacBook Pro 2018. How would this be handled when using the eGPU? Would I lose the extra power of the eGPU for operations involving the display plugged directly into the MBP, while one was plugged directly into the eGPU? Does the eGPU do it's processing and send it back into the mac, regardless of where the monitors are plugged in? Or do the monitors need to be plugged in to the eGPU to get any benefit? Many thanks, Jamie.
- Asked by James L from Clermont
- Flag as inappropriate Exact details on how to use the Blackmagic eGPU with 2 x 4K USB-C monitors. How is this configured with only 2 thunderbolt 3 ports?
Is the Blackmagic eGPU work with a macbook pro? Also is it portable/ functional to take to different working locations?
I study architecture and Design and create 3d renderings and want to improve the graphics processor that I have on my macbook pro- hoping that the Blackmagic eGPU could help to achieve this. I would be taking this Blackmagic eGPU to and from my work space to my home.
- Asked by Alexis T from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate Is the Blackmagic eGPU work with a macbook pro? Also is it portable/ functional to take to different working locations?
Does this offer any measurable increased performance for Adobe Premiere Pro ( editing, viewing, rendering, exporting.... )?
- Asked by John M from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Does this offer any measurable increased performance for Adobe Premiere Pro ( editing, viewing, rendering, exporting.... )?
Hi, that product looks like very interesting, but I want to know if this eGPU works only for graphics or it could work train deep learning algorithms
My machine is a MacBook Pro, early 2015. Can It eGPU work with my laptop?
Can you edit footage from the external drives connected through eGPU USB ports? Is the bandwidth high enough?
I have macbook pro that I use for video editing (premiere, resolve). I want to improve timeline performance. My footage is on the external USB drives. If I connect them through blackmagic eGPU, can I still benefit from gpu acceleration, or does data transfer of footage eats up the whole bandwidth?
Does it come with a gpu preinstalled, or is it just the enclosure?
I'm looking for an eGPU, but I realized that I have to buy an enclosure as well as the gpu. Does this already have a gpu inside, or is it like the razor core X in which you have to buy the gpu?
- Asked by Derek R from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Does it come with a gpu preinstalled, or is it just the enclosure?
Can this work with an iPad pro?
Since iPad pro has the same shaped plug as the MacBook pros, I'd imagine you could plug this in and use it for graphics processing. I expect apple has somehow locked that down in the iPadOS, unless they maybe just don't list it as being compatible here but there's a way to get it to work?
- Asked by Jacob H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Can this work with an iPad pro?
Will this enable a 2019 13 inch MacBook Pro to work with the Apple Pro Display XDR?
- Asked by Jeffrey C from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Will this enable a 2019 13 inch MacBook Pro to work with the Apple Pro Display XDR?
Does eGPU reduce heat in macbook pro?
Hello, wondering if this eGPU would help keep the fans off on my macbook pro while gaming? I tried gaming solely on my macbook pro and it was getting really hot and noisy with the fans at full tilt. I got the Radeon Pro 560 in my macbook pro with 3.1 Ghz processor but I am worried about excessive heat and fan overdrive in the system. I am also not seeing a pro model on apple's site, is the pro model with the Radeon RX Vega 56 available? The cooling aspect is most important for me.
- Asked by Lucas L from Lindsay
- Flag as inappropriate Does eGPU reduce heat in macbook pro?
No answers yet
Can I use one eGPU for two computers?
I have both a Mac Mini and a Macbook Pro. Can they share the same Blackmagic eGPU at the same time?
- Asked by 佳博 于 from Long Island City
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use one eGPU for two computers?