Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016?
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- Flag as inappropriate (can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?)
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.
If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?
- Asked by Denise D from Tuckerton
- Flag as inappropriate (If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
- Asked by Dianne A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor)
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
I have an iMac 27 inch (mid 2011) with two thunderbolt slots. (1) Can i connect my WD "My Passport" external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor; (2) Will that quicken the pace of data transfer (for backup, time-machine etc.)? (3) Am also planning on upgrading to a new iMac in a few months (when the new iMacs are announced), so will I be able to transfer all my data from my old iMac quicker using a thunderbolt connection from my external drive? Thanks kindly for any assistance.
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
I have had my ipod since 2003 and it has been working fine for me ever since. I understand that to transfer my songs from my ipod to a mac, I will need to download a specific type of software for that to work. I do not want to lose the music that is currently on there (approx. 3000), but do want to transfer to my new macbook pro. Will the Thunderbolt read my ipod?
- Asked by Tiepa T from Te Atatu Peninsula
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?)
Will this adapter work with a Sandisk Extreme FireWire reader (FW800) and my MBP retina?
- Asked by Michael S from West Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a Sandisk Extreme FireWire reader (FW800) and my MBP retina?)