Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this work with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Andrew P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Snow Leopard?)
No answers yet
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
I want to use this adapter with a 2011 MacBook Pro still loaded with Snow Leopard and don't wish to update to Lion.
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
I'm reiterating a question asked by several others. Does anyone know if the opposite adapter is available ie: firewire mac to thunder external drive?
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
Will this work with an iPod (touch wheel), which has an FireWire 400 port, connected via this particular adapter and an adapter FireWire 800 to 400?
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
I have an iMac 27 inch (mid 2011) with two thunderbolt slots. (1) Can i connect my WD "My Passport" external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor; (2) Will that quicken the pace of data transfer (for backup, time-machine etc.)? (3) Am also planning on upgrading to a new iMac in a few months (when the new iMacs are announced), so will I be able to transfer all my data from my old iMac quicker using a thunderbolt connection from my external drive? Thanks kindly for any assistance.
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?
I have an existing chain of two FireWire hard drives, currently attached directly to the FireWire port of an iMac. And I want to add a Thunderbolt drive soon, too, using the Thunderbolt port. But the newest iMacs don't have any FireWire port. So I want to be able to use both types of drive with the newest, and presumably future, Macs.
- Asked by Murray E from Amherst
- Flag as inappropriate (With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?)
Two screens on macbookair using mavericks
Can Mavericks support two external monitors on macbook air?
Is there a thunderbolt splitter that I can use to connect two external monitors to macbook air?
I know I can use Apple TV but not looking for that solution
- Asked by Yitzhak K from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (Two screens on macbookair using mavericks)
Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
I have had my ipod since 2003 and it has been working fine for me ever since. I understand that to transfer my songs from my ipod to a mac, I will need to download a specific type of software for that to work. I do not want to lose the music that is currently on there (approx. 3000), but do want to transfer to my new macbook pro. Will the Thunderbolt read my ipod?
- Asked by Tiepa T from Te Atatu Peninsula
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?)
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?
- Asked by Michael M from Arcadia
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)