Similar questions from the community
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?)
will superdrive work with early core 2 duo intel mac mini
The built in superdrive on my mini is not working fully, can I use this as an alternative
- Asked by David E
- Flag as inappropriate (will superdrive work with early core 2 duo intel mac mini)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?)
DVD Drive connection to iPad
I have a USB CD/DVD Drive for my iMac. Is there a connector available so I can connect it to my iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kathy C from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (DVD Drive connection to iPad)
can I play region 2 dvd's on my USB Super Drive?
Am I able to play Region 2 (European) DVD's on my external super drive?
- Asked by Andrew H R from Jackson Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play region 2 dvd's on my USB Super Drive?)
can i have 2 external super drives on my iMac? i want to burn a dvd and not have to down load it on to my mac first.
- Asked by Linda J from Nottingham
- Flag as inappropriate (can i have 2 external super drives on my iMac? i want to burn a dvd and not have to down load it on to my mac first.)
Can I use two disc drives alternately in my imac (OS10.9.4), one to play Region 1 dvd's, the other to play 2 dvd's?
i think I'm asking if the region shift you're allowed to do five times before it becomes permanent is in the drive or in the imac itself Can I switch back and forth by using two drives any number of times?
- Asked by La Verne S from Montpelier
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two disc drives alternately in my imac (OS10.9.4), one to play Region 1 dvd's, the other to play 2 dvd's?)
i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
15.4 inch. 2.66 GHZ.-dual core, 8GB STORAGE, 740 GB memory (now), works great. but no one seems to have asked this question specifically...therefore i welcome whomever might solve my little mystery, thanx..
I have a 2006 13" Macbook (2Ghz Intel Core Duo/60 GB Memory/1GB RAM/Snow Leopard 10.6.8) My optical drive has died is this a compatible replacement?