Similar questions from the community
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
I would like to have an attachable dvd drive for my MacBook Pro which I bought in July 2014. I believe I have a plain usb port. So what type of attachment do I need to make it work or will it even work with my device?
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- Flag as inappropriate (is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014)
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
I have a new MacBook Air I bought in December 2018. I also purchased a SuperDrive and a USB adapter that accepts power. How do I get the drive to work? I plugged the adapter into the the USB-C, the power cord into the adapter, and the Super Drive into the adapter. What am I missing?
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- Flag as inappropriate (does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air)
how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
- Asked by Mohammed H from Bridgeport
- Flag as inappropriate (how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive)
Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?
- Asked by Amit M from Dubai
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?)
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?)
Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?
My 27" Mac has an internal disc driver - but when inserting discs "disc not supported" is shown. Apple say driver is most probably broken. Rather than taking mac back to store can I just use the USB Superdrive?
- Asked by Rob S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?)
Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?
According to numerous articles the new iPadOS supports file transfer and external drives such that drives which work with a newer USB-C equipped Macbook will also work with the new iPads. I understand the need to use an adapter and I already have one for my Macbook Pro, which is just an adapter, not a powered hub. I would like to know if I can use the superdrive directly with my iPad (with the adapter of course)?
- Asked by Bethanne L from Grapevine
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?)
Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?
- Asked by Tex B from Temple
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)