Similar questions from the community
will it work with optical drive on 2009 iMac
- Asked by Gladys M from Encinitas
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with optical drive on 2009 iMac)
No answers yet
is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC
I have a MAC without dvd drive and need one. Is the external superdrive compatible?
- Asked by Rosemary B from Trinity Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC)
Will this work with the upcoming iMac?
The new iMac that's due out in the coming months does not have an optical drive and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this drive is the solution for those of us who still require CD/DVD burning ability. Cheers.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
Dose it work with the new imac ?
I am hoping the super drive works with the new iMac because the new iMac dose not have one what's up with that ?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Dose it work with the new imac ?)
No answers yet
Does the drive have a manual release hole?
How are we to remove discs if the drive ceases to function? Does the drive have a small hole that allows manual unlocking and ejection of the disc when something such as an unwound paperclip is inserted in to it and pushed, in the traditional manner on optical drives? If not, is the drive able to be disassembled by removing screws?
- Asked by Matthew H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the drive have a manual release hole?)
DVD Drive connection to iPad
I have a USB CD/DVD Drive for my iMac. Is there a connector available so I can connect it to my iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kathy C from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (DVD Drive connection to iPad)
is the apple super drive compatible with a lenovo laptop?
trying to install printer software onto my Lenovo laptop using my apple super drive but the disc isn't loading. Are they incompatible?
- Asked by Angela F
- Flag as inappropriate (is the apple super drive compatible with a lenovo laptop?)
i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
15.4 inch. 2.66 GHZ.-dual core, 8GB STORAGE, 740 GB memory (now), works great. but no one seems to have asked this question specifically...therefore i welcome whomever might solve my little mystery, thanx..
i have an old pc game which may not be compatible with the mac but is the anything i can do or download to make this work?
the game is a pc cd-rom and is called harry potter the chamber of secrets is there any way i can make this work?
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
I would like to have an attachable dvd drive for my MacBook Pro which I bought in July 2014. I believe I have a plain usb port. So what type of attachment do I need to make it work or will it even work with my device?
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- Flag as inappropriate (is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014)
Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Warrandyte
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?)
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Am considering a USB-C hub for the iMac Pro which (hub) provides ,5 amps at its USB sockets. I know that is enough to charge an iPhone, but is it enough to operate a SuperDrive? Wouldn't this be the same power if I used a USB-C to USB dongle which Apple sells?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?)
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
For new 2018 Mac Mini, what CD/DVD drive will work with the USB-C connector?
I am dead in the water because cannot reload Adobe software from original disks. Have run across many caveats regarding 2011 Mac Mini vs new one (OS maybe), so need to be certain what peripheral reader will work. Please help!
- Asked by Joan S from Meta
- Flag as inappropriate (For new 2018 Mac Mini, what CD/DVD drive will work with the USB-C connector?)
does this product work with the new macbook?
I'm getting the newest macbook that comes in space grey, gold and silver. Is this product compatible with that type of macbook?
- Asked by Maia L from Deakin
- Flag as inappropriate (does this product work with the new macbook?)