Similar questions from the community
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
I'd like to use my iPad Air with my projector to do Keynote presentations
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Does this adapter support HEVC/H.265?
- Asked by Yunzhong W
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support HEVC/H.265?)
No answers yet
Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?
Am looking to order an Anker 30W 12v car USB C PD charger (search Amazon for Anker 42W PowerDrive Speed+ Duo, 2 Port USB Car Charger since I can’t seem to add URLs to this). This will be to fast charge my iPhone XS Max with the smart battery case.
Since the lightning digital AV adapter lightning port seems to be power only (can’t connect headphones etc), will there be any problem with the lightning power input being PD? Works fine with a regular slow USB to lightning, but since there’s only the one wire from the adapter to the iPhone, I didn’t know if there was any issues with the higher wattage power input with it being USB C PD and possibly affecting the HDMI signal or not being able to pass through the higher wattage power.
Just wish this accessory had an option in the iPhone itself to recognize the AV adapter and allow us to choose mirror or just have the HDMI output what you choose. ie have the phone show a movie through the TV app through HDMI but still be able to use the phone for other purposes such as safari or maps.. but that’s another story and up to Apple devs to take care of.
- Asked by Kevin C from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?)
There are cheaper devices are availble but state they do not support Net Flix! Does this device support & display Iphone playing Net flix on the TV?
Net Flix to TV
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?
I am looking to buy a Digital lightining to HDMI AV adaptor, to stream videos and movies from Netflix on my TV/projector
I am using an iPAD pro 10.1” running IOS 12.1.1
I heard a lot of rumors that the adaptor after IOS 11 wasn’t streaming Netflix movies on the TV because of an issue with the ARM chip in the adaptor, does this still the case in IOS 12?
- Asked by Ahmed Y from Cairo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?)
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
No answers yet
Does it work with Amazon prime
- Asked by Bernadette D from Warminster
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Amazon prime)
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- Flag as inappropriate (Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?)