Similar questions from the community
Can I use this adapter with headphones while using the hdmi cable?
While one side uses the HDMI cable, the other side has the Lightning port, can I use the headphone adapter from apple on this port?
- Asked by Dan S from Elizabeth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with headphones while using the hdmi cable?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
POWER SOURCE FOR AV ADAPTER
WHAT CABLE WORKS TO POWER UP THE ADAPTED WITH AN OUTSIDE POWER SOURCE. I ASSUME & HAVE READ THAT IS WHAT THE OTHER PORT IS.
- Asked by Kenneth B from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (POWER SOURCE FOR AV ADAPTER)
No answers yet
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.
II have an iPhone 6s+ and an AXIA micro projector. Is it possible to project presentations from my phone? If so what cable do I need to buy?
- Asked by Linda S from Quakertown
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
When using a 40 ft & a 50 ft HDMI cable mirroring would not work. When I changed to a 10 ft HDMI cable it works fine. What's the length restriction?
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
How well does this HDMI connector work with the iPhone 6?
- Asked by Arthur R H from Newnan
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this HDMI connector work with the iPhone 6?)
Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception
- Asked by Judith U from Tirroan
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception)