Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I use my old iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) as the 2nd display for the new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) connecting with the Thunderbolt Cable?
can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port
i bought a thunderblot cable without checking my imac2010 very carefully. now i found my imac only has one minidisplay port. is it possible to connect my macbook air(2011new with thunderbolt) to the minidisplay of imac? i tried the com+f2 on my imac, but it doesn't work.
i am really confused by apple, the thunderbolt fit very well to the mini display port.
- Asked by Xiaofei Z
- Flag as inappropriate (can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port)
Can an iMac (Aug 2011) be used in target display mode with my MacBook Air (2012)?
I want to use an Aug 2011 iMac (21.5 inch) as a second display with a new Mac Book Air.
Is this possible with a Thunderbolt cable?
- Asked by C E C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an iMac (Aug 2011) be used in target display mode with my MacBook Air (2012)?)
Can this be used to use an iMac 27Inch (2011) as a display for a pc with a mini display port output?
I have tried a mini display port cable and it doesn't work.
I have a late 2012 27inch iMac and a late 2012 21.5 inch iMac both with thunderbolt sockets. Can I connect the two together using the 21 as a monitor
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
Can i use this cable to connect my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with Benq SW 320 monitor which has a mini display port version 1.4
- Asked by Aarjav J from New Delhi
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this cable to connect my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with Benq SW 320 monitor which has a mini display port version 1.4)
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
Audio support when connected to iMac 2011 27' as an external display
Does the audio come out from the iMac or the macbook?
- Asked by Tsz Chun L from Everett
- Flag as inappropriate (Audio support when connected to iMac 2011 27' as an external display)
can i connect a thunderbolt cable from my macbook air to a lcd screen tv? or is it just ltd to apple peripherals and iMac?
- Asked by Leo J from Silver Spring
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a thunderbolt cable from my macbook air to a lcd screen tv? or is it just ltd to apple peripherals and iMac?)
I have a nice new iMac 21.5" (mid 2011 model) Need to connect my HD archives and my old G3 Powerbook all FIREWIRE.... how? Is there an adaptor?
Is there an adapter available to connect a firewire soundcard to the new mac book pro thunderbolt?
I have a motu 828 MKII soundcard which is connected via firewire to my old mac book pro 2009.
Now I want to upgrade to the new mac book pro, which does not have firewire anymore.
Is there an adapter available to connect firewire to the new thunderbolt interface?
- Asked by Thaddäus W
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter available to connect a firewire soundcard to the new mac book pro thunderbolt?)
What cable will I need to use a Samsung T5 as a external boot drive for a 21.5 inch iMac late 2015.
I have a 21.5 inch iMac and have managed to create and boot disk using a Samsung T5 onto the USB ports.
Are the thunderbolt ports faster and can they be used instead?
Can I use Thunderbolt cable to connect Mac Mini to LaCie Display?
- Asked by Marion R from Northridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Thunderbolt cable to connect Mac Mini to LaCie Display?)