Similar questions from the community
Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?
My family is mostly an apple family, with a few iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks, plus a couple pcs, but want to be able to store everything in one local place, but not have to manually add the new items every time we want to back it up. Does the Capsule have an auto backup feature in addition to the time capsule thing for the macs that works with the iPhones and iPads?
- Asked by Andrew S from Fayetteville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?)
Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?
I would like to use Time Capsule as a replacement for my current external hard drive which stores old files (and have access to it at any time) as well as be the automatic Time Machine back up from now on.
- Asked by Barrett I from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?)
Can you use the AirPort Time Capsule whilst on a commercial flight.
That is can you watch favourite videos, view photos etc using USB cable to macbook rather than WiFi?
- Asked by Matthew B from Hurstbridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the AirPort Time Capsule whilst on a commercial flight.)
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule
I am slowly converting the house to Apple. I still have my last PC as my main home computer. It has the bulk of all my files, pictures, etc. Can I back it up to Time Capsule? I eventually will break that computer down as the kids get older and everyone ends up with laptops. Thanks for the help.
- Asked by Rocky L from Katy
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up my PC to Time Capsule)
I have a macbook air, iphones, windows PC and late model android phones. (samsung S4) Will I be able to back up my Files on ALL devices?
If so, is it possible to set it up for automatic back-up on all devices?
- Asked by Richard S from Conroe
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a macbook air, iphones, windows PC and late model android phones. (samsung S4) Will I be able to back up my Files on ALL devices?)
CAN I VIEW THE FILES AND PHOTOS I ALREADY HAVE ON MY TIME CAPSULE ON MY MAC.
i can't remember whats stored on the capsule can it be seen back
- Asked by Michel G from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN I VIEW THE FILES AND PHOTOS I ALREADY HAVE ON MY TIME CAPSULE ON MY MAC.)
Can I use the AirPort Time Capsule to back up multiple Macintosh computers in my house wirelessly? How do I set it up?
- Asked by Norman W from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Time Capsule to back up multiple Macintosh computers in my house wirelessly? How do I set it up?)
I am wondering if I were to purchase the 'Airport time capsule' would it work like dropbox where I can access it from multiple devices even under data
I recently purchased a Ipad Mini 16gb Iphone 6 plus 16GB and a Macbook pro 128gb, I am wondering if I purchased a airport time capsule and connected it to the internet would I be able to access my files if I were to save them onto it from college but access them from anywhere or have I to be near my airport time capsule. Basically I am wondering is it like dropbox where I could have 4 devices connected to it security protected from anyone else while uploading all my files onto it ??
Is there a way to get more than 3TB? I am backing up a lot of data (pictures, music, etc.).
I have a 3TB Time Capsule. I want to backup my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro. Together, they have about 2TB now and it will grow. What can I do when I exceed the space on a single 3TB Time Capsule?
- Asked by Henry B from Fairmont
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to get more than 3TB? I am backing up a lot of data (pictures, music, etc.).)
How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?
I bought a new time capsule last week. It is working well, no problems but I cannot see the backup files, how do I access them?
- Asked by Denis O
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?)
Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto
I have a macbook pro which I travel with and an iMac at home. So i end up with lots of photographs on both. Would be great if they were synced. I have had lots of trouble with iCloud and iphoto on both devices but no such issues with ipad and iphone.
Hopefully AirPort Time Capsule is the answer to my problems.
- Asked by Mark R
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule
- Asked by Natalie D from Downers Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule)
Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?
Can I save content directly to the Capsule, or does it only backup what is saved on my Mac device?
I want to back up my MacBook Air via Time Machine on my Time Capsule, but I would also like to put files such as photos & music onto an external hard drive (hopefully Airport Capsule) & not leave on my computer.
- Asked by Larry P from Cedar
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?)
Can the Airport Time Capsule help me keep the same information, mirrored, continuously updated in real time, synchronised across two devices + airport
I would like to connect an Airport Time Capsule to maintain a backup and synchronise to two other devices; MacbookPro and IMac. I would like the same data maintained (mirrored) across the three locations; allowing me to use any device and then be able to access and update files easily from any other device: e.g. work on IMac and walk out of the door with my Macbook and for the same files to be ready. I do not want partitioned drives or any hassles moving files around between drives. There is sufficient space on all devices. I prefer to transfer files through hardwires and/or the wifi network, rather than any cloud device to avoid subscription costs.
Will this work, or will I risk adding more complexity to my life needing to manage my files across multiple devices? (someone mentioned the airport might need two partitioned areas of the drive: one for each device, which would be a hassle and not manageable).
Is there a better solution? To achieve easy access across all devices to same files, as well as maintain a backup.
Thank you in advance!