Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can a portable HDD be connected to an iPad Pro using this adapter? If it's possible, it will be a huge hit, in my opinion.
Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?
- Asked by Corinne C from New South Wales
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?)
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter
As a film maker, I'm always backing up data (Video File) in the field. Can I transfer from a USB card reader onto the iPad as data and retrieve from the iPad in my studio later?
- Asked by Gary C.j. S from Chermside West
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter)
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks)
Can the lighting USB 3 adapter be used to transfer data from the iPad pro to an external hard drive or is there any other way of doing this ?
Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?
Now that it's officially recognized that this adapter can be used for things like ethernet adapters, podcast microphones, and hard drives, I am wondering if I connect an external hard drive with music and videos on it, if I can add music files to the music app on iPad, and video files to Videos.app on iPad.
- Asked by Erik P from Grand Forks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?)
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
If I use this with my ipad to connect to a audio interface namely the Focusrite 6i6 could I use the the adapter to charge the iPad at the same time
Does this work with iPad mini 2? Would it work to connect a portable projector? Or do I need another cord for that?
- Asked by Kimberly M from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with iPad mini 2? Would it work to connect a portable projector? Or do I need another cord for that?)
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)