Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can the lighting USB 3 adapter be used to transfer data from the iPad pro to an external hard drive or is there any other way of doing this ?
Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?
Can the USB 3 adapter be used with and external hard drive for storage of photos, music, etc.
- Asked by Walter B from Amherstview
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?)
Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter
As a film maker, I'm always backing up data (Video File) in the field. Can I transfer from a USB card reader onto the iPad as data and retrieve from the iPad in my studio later?
- Asked by Gary C.j. S from Chermside West
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter)
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?
Our sound system at church allows me to record any audio from the system into a MP3 file on a USB drive or SD card. I'd like to pull these straight into GarageBand for podcast editing. Right now, I have to jump through numerous hoops to make this happen.
- Asked by Todd B from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?)
Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?
I have an app in the app store that I would like users to be able to use with external HD cameras. On desktop systems, a lot of my users use HDMI to USB3.0 Capture devices to connect their cameras to their Mac. These devices are generally plug-and-play with AVFoundation. In theory, would this adapter make the same thing possible on an iPad Pro?
- Asked by Rory K from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?)
If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?
- Asked by Eric K from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?)
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Can you connect a computer powered USB 3 hard drive with this connector?
- Asked by Douglas R from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a computer powered USB 3 hard drive with this connector?)
Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
I am trying to get video shot in (in Filmic Pro, and up to 15gb of raw data) transferred from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen) while in the field (no external power is available), will this work using this set up (knowing I need a USB drive)?
Currently using a Sandisk ixpand drive, but the transfer times taking off the phone, and then to the ipad are incredibly slow.
Plus, and really worse, it really drains significant battery life from both.
If no, might you have any suggestions as to how to get this done?
- Asked by Michael T from Hastings
- Flag as inappropriate (Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen))
No answers yet
Could this connect a usb hard drive to an iPad Pro... Could I watch home videos on the iPad from said hard drive? Many thanks
Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer
Will this adapter work if I plug in a printer to the USB port on it or a flash drive
- Asked by Peyton O from Kettering
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer)
Will it work with a USB hard drive hooked up to it (iPad Pro 12.9)
- Asked by Shannon G from Robbinsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with a USB hard drive hooked up to it (iPad Pro 12.9))
Will use usb flash drive work on iPad
- Asked by Rashmi T from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (Will use usb flash drive work on iPad)
No answers yet
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?