Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
1. Will this work with iPhone 6 (not listed under compatibility)?
2. Hard to understand exactly what powers this. Is it a power supply? A powered hub? the USB3 connector used for the Mac?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)
Will this-or any other adapter like it-work with iPhone 6s Plus? Need something that will power a usb mic (officially or unofficially).
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Elkhorn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this-or any other adapter like it-work with iPhone 6s Plus? Need something that will power a usb mic (officially or unofficially).)
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks)
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Will it work with a card reader attached too - or just with a camera?
- Asked by Sabine F from Reid
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with a card reader attached too - or just with a camera?)
Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer
Will this adapter work if I plug in a printer to the USB port on it or a flash drive
- Asked by Peyton O from Kettering
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer)
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
- Asked by J P R
- Flag as inappropriate (does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2)
Does this adapter allow connection of external storage devices [sticks] so data can b read/loaded to iPad Pro & written back to the external device?