Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does this adapter allow connection of external storage devices [sticks] so data can b read/loaded to iPad Pro & written back to the external device?
Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?
Now that it's officially recognized that this adapter can be used for things like ethernet adapters, podcast microphones, and hard drives, I am wondering if I connect an external hard drive with music and videos on it, if I can add music files to the music app on iPad, and video files to Videos.app on iPad.
- Asked by Erik P from Grand Forks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?)
Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?
I have an app in the app store that I would like users to be able to use with external HD cameras. On desktop systems, a lot of my users use HDMI to USB3.0 Capture devices to connect their cameras to their Mac. These devices are generally plug-and-play with AVFoundation. In theory, would this adapter make the same thing possible on an iPad Pro?
- Asked by Rory K from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?)
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Can a lightning to USB 3 connect an IPad Pro to a tv ?
- Asked by Penesula Alphonse A
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a lightning to USB 3 connect an IPad Pro to a tv ?)
On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?
Our sound system at church allows me to record any audio from the system into a MP3 file on a USB drive or SD card. I'd like to pull these straight into GarageBand for podcast editing. Right now, I have to jump through numerous hoops to make this happen.
- Asked by Todd B from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?)
Can the lighting USB 3 adapter be used to transfer data from the iPad pro to an external hard drive or is there any other way of doing this ?
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.
If I use 2 of these lightning to USB 3 adaptors piggybacked/plugged into the other and then into the iPad, can I plug my camera into the first USB slot and an external hard drive into the other USB port on the second adaptor? will I be able to access the hard drive this way from my iPad in order to transfer photos to and from the hard drive to the iPad?
Willing to buy 2 of them if this works, or just a Lightning to USB adaptor.
- Asked by Heather C from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.)
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Could this connect a usb hard drive to an iPad Pro... Could I watch home videos on the iPad from said hard drive? Many thanks
Can this adapter be used to connect Casio CTK 6200 keyboard to record music in garage band in ipad pro?
I have a casio CTK 6200 music keyboard which I used to connect and record with Mac ....Is it possible to connect yamaha MG10xu mixer with ipad..?
- Asked by Sankaran N from Oriando, Florida
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect Casio CTK 6200 keyboard to record music in garage band in ipad pro?)
Can a portable HDD be connected to an iPad Pro using this adapter? If it's possible, it will be a huge hit, in my opinion.
Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?
- Asked by Corinne C from New South Wales
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?)
Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
I am trying to get video shot in (in Filmic Pro, and up to 15gb of raw data) transferred from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen) while in the field (no external power is available), will this work using this set up (knowing I need a USB drive)?
Currently using a Sandisk ixpand drive, but the transfer times taking off the phone, and then to the ipad are incredibly slow.
Plus, and really worse, it really drains significant battery life from both.
If no, might you have any suggestions as to how to get this done?
- Asked by Michael T from Hastings
- Flag as inappropriate (Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen))
No answers yet