Similar questions from the community
Does this charger sense when it's connected?
i.e. If left plugged in to a power outlet when not connected to a device will it still draw current?
I'll be using it to charge a Touchbar MBP 15". With my previous MBP I would charge it from my Thunderbolt monitor, which only supplied current when the MBP was connected. Since a MagSafe to USB-C adapter is not available I will have to use this charger instead but will need to leave it connected to the wall socket behind my desk and I don't want it to be wasting current through the transformer all day while I'm out.
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Andrew G
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger sense when it's connected?)
No answers yet
The charger don't have cable?
- Asked by Pawa D from Santo Domingo
- Flag as inappropriate (The charger don't have cable?)
Is there a 12volt charger for the latest MacBook Pro?
MacBook Pro. 14,3
- Asked by Douglas T from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a 12volt charger for the latest MacBook Pro?)
Has anybody actually used this charger to charge an iPhone (no guesses, please).
HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY DONE THIS? The charger outputs 20v. USB voltage is typically 5v. Can an iPhone really handle a 20v input? Current is not an issue (the device will draw whatever wattage it needs and the 60w capacity of the charger is more than enough to feed an iPhone), but voltage *is* an issue. If the iPhone doesn't have internal voltage regulation that will let it handle the 20v (as compared to the 5v of a typical USB charger), the phone will literally burn up, and I don't really want to experiment with a $800 device. It could work, but only if the iPhone is designed for it.
All too often, answers on these forums are just guesses. Has anybody actually plugged their iPhone into this charger using a USB-C/lightning cable?
- Asked by Allen H from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anybody actually used this charger to charge an iPhone (no guesses, please).)
Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?
I have several Magsafe-1 or 2 chargers for older Macbooks that will just need an adaptor to be usable again with my new MBP, will this be possible?
- Asked by Alberto B from Nyc
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?)
Can I charge my MacBook Pro 13” with touchbar (61w) with a HUAWEI mate 9 charger? Also, what’s the amps of MacBook Pro 13” TB adapter?
Mate 9 power adapter Model: HW- 050450B00 (input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.75A || output: 5V — 2A or 4.5V — 5A or 5V — 4.5A
- Asked by Suhaib M from Sharjah
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my MacBook Pro 13” with touchbar (61w) with a HUAWEI mate 9 charger? Also, what’s the amps of MacBook Pro 13” TB adapter?)