Questions & Answers for Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh Wi-Fi System AC1300 (1-pack)
6 Questions + 3 Answers
6 Questions from the Community
What is the difference between this the Velop Intelligent Mesh system and the Velop Whole Home system aside from cost?
- Asked by Peter L from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this the Velop Intelligent Mesh system and the Velop Whole Home system aside from cost?)
I have EE Broadband with an OpenReach modem and EE WiFi router. The Velop connects to the modem and authenticates using PPPoE - the WiFi router is not needed. If you have a combined router/modem as supplied with more recent broadband services you would need to put the router into bridge mode so it does the authenticating with your ISP but nothing else. Your Velop node plugs into the router and takes over networking duties. Do an internet search on how to do this.
The answer to your second question - does it support 2.4 and 5GHz bands - is yes, it does.
- Answered by Phillip D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I can replace the modem I rent from my ISP with the AC1300, does it support dual bands - 2.4 and 5GHz?)
Can I use it as a extender of the Airport Time Capsule router just like I am doing with my AirPort Express? Is the Velop compatible with Airplay 2?
I'm asking this because I wouldn't like replacing my ATC and my 3 AEs with homepods and Apple TVs. I guess 4 Apple TVs for 4 televisions in a 4305.56 square foot house are more than enough. Besides, the Homepods are way expensive and too much speaker to have one in each room of the house. Also, it is absurd to place an Apple TV where isn't a TV
No answers yet
Is the software useful? Specifically, can I turn the SSID off for privacy?
- Asked by Jaynemarie L from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the software useful? Specifically, can I turn the SSID off for privacy?)
Do I need internet service for this
- Asked by Carlos B from Cartersville
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need internet service for this)
Yes. You do.
- Answered by Dilir D from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I need internet service for this)