Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
149 Questions from the Community
can i hook my iPad to my TV
- Asked by Kathleen H from Qualicum Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i hook my iPad to my TV)
how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?)
can this be used to connect iphone to OHP?
- Asked by Dioanne A from Pasay City
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used to connect iphone to OHP?)
24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display)
can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?
- Asked by Steve H from Fortuna
- Flag as inappropriate (can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?)
i have an old style 23" cinema display (ADC) what's the best (and cheapest) way to connect it to my 2009 imac that has a mini display port connection
No answers yet
This adapter will only allow you to drive the Apple Cinema 30" display at 1280x800 (see Apple support article HT3571), so you should buy the more expensive Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter if you want to use the maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
The 3840x2160 televisions use *two* dual-link DVI connections because of the increased signal bandwidth so, again, you would not be able to drive them at full resolution. You may be able to use them at a reduced resolution with one dual-link input from the other adapter, and possibly at a much lower resolution using this adapter.
- Answered by Duncan J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this cable work with higher resolution displays like apple 30" display or the new 3840x2160 TVs?)