Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
146 Questions from the Community
What type of discs do I use to burn pictures cd-r or cd+r
- Asked by Merilee W from Maple Ridge
- Flag as inappropriate (What type of discs do I use to burn pictures cd-r or cd+r)
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?
My 27" Mac has an internal disc driver - but when inserting discs "disc not supported" is shown. Apple say driver is most probably broken. Rather than taking mac back to store can I just use the USB Superdrive?
- Asked by Rob S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?)
Do i need a SuperDrive or can i use any disc reader for my new iMac (without an in-built disk reader) to access data on my DVD's/CD's?
No answers yet
can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?
i used to use my old laptop with a CD drive to put music on my iphone by ripping the CD's to my iTunes unless i was buying music of it. but with my macbook air i can't do that so i was wondering if i could use the USB superdrive to import my CD's to my iTunes on my macbook air? because I'm not going to waste money on buying the music off iTunes that i already have on CD's
- Asked by Nichola K
- Flag as inappropriate (can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?)
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?)
will it work with optical drive on 2009 iMac
- Asked by Gladys M from Encinitas
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with optical drive on 2009 iMac)
How to install on my new Mac
My USB Superdrive will not load any programe or music disk
- Asked by Brendan K from Lyonville
- Flag as inappropriate (How to install on my new Mac)
can i copy my dvd's to my mac air with this product
- Asked by Sue H from Greystanes
- Flag as inappropriate (can i copy my dvd's to my mac air with this product)
is the USB superdrive compatible with the new iMac ME086B
- Asked by A P R from Pangbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (is the USB superdrive compatible with the new iMac ME086B)
I have a imac 27 and have the external superdrive, it works great. Will the superdrive also work with a windows 8.1 laptop?
i have an old pc game which may not be compatible with the mac but is the anything i can do or download to make this work?
the game is a pc cd-rom and is called harry potter the chamber of secrets is there any way i can make this work?