Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
90 Questions from the Community
Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?
The camera comes with a built in project and I want to know if I can use this cable to project images from my iphone through the cameras projector?
- Asked by Emma L
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?)
We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?Best Answer:
You can plug a very limited number of mass storage devices into this, provided they have enough power (or you use a powered USB hub), and access photos from them. Unofficially, some keyboards, MIDI devices, and microphones also work (dependant on the app).
However, it cannot be used as you would a USB port on a normal computer; ie, with webcams, printers, game controllers, CD drives, etc
Some applications, such as Goodreader, may also be able to open a small number other types of files from attached USB sticks, such as PDF documents. However, this is not comparable to the flexibility of a laptop's USB port.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?)
Will it work on Nikon Camera ?
- Asked by Lim E
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on Nikon Camera ?)
Will this work with trail cams?
- Asked by John B from Northborough
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with trail cams?)
Will it allow me to view the live video image from my DSLR ie act as a monitor?
I have a Sony A58. I want to use my iPad 4 as a live view monitor. The camera has a HDMI out and a microUSB out. I have seen uTube clips suggesting that I could use a OTG cable connection as well. What is the way to go?
- Asked by Rosie W from Port Elliot
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it allow me to view the live video image from my DSLR ie act as a monitor?)
Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?
I can not figure out the full function of the ligning power input on the camera adaptor?
In description the port is used to power the phone/Ipad.
But I figured out that I can use a midi keyborad or an audio interface with the adaptor. It only works if I use a power source connected to the lightning port (Ipad charger). It seems like the power adaptor also power the slave device (MIDI or audio interface etc.).
Does it mean that I can power a usb hub through the lightning port on the camera adaptor or do the lightning port only charge the iphone/Ipad?
- Asked by Keld V
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?)
Will this work with an Ant+ USB2 connection?
- Asked by Leon W from Mckinney
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an Ant+ USB2 connection?)
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
At the Apple store in Bridgewater, NJ today, I asked what I needed to connect my Canon 30D to my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air. I was told and sold a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
When I got home, I plugged the camera and phone together. The phone reads Cannot Use Device: Canon Digital Camera: The connected device is not supported.
The connection with the iPad Air works.
Both iPhone 5S and iPad Air have latest iOS.
Any way to make this work for the 5S or should I return the cable?
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
Hi Joseph, It will now work. With IOS 9.2 Apple has brought the capability to directly transfer photos , videos etc from Digicam to any iphone using the lightning port (Read iphone 5 and above). Just update to ios 9.2 and enjoy
- Answered by Neel A from Bangalore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?
There is great confusion about audio from the lightning port. On the one hand, we're told that you need this cable attached to a DAC to play hi-res(>48/24) audio. Yet we're also told that this is a "digital only" interface. What is the story? I'm hoping to use a 3rd party hi-res audio player to send a hi res stream to my car audio system via this connector, but not sure how it works. Can anyone point me to an authoritative description of how audio is pass through the lightning connector? Are the DACs in the iphone ever used, or is it a pure digital stream via lightning. If it's purely digital, can we use this connector to pass hi res (ie 96/24) digital streams to a Nissan car audio system? I've read all the conjecture, what I'm looking for is a definitive statement from Apple
- Asked by John A M from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?)
I know that you have to use this to connect to a DAC. You will also need a hi-res audio app such as onkyo HF Player (supports upto 24 bit/ 192 kHz). The audio signal will then be output digitally to the DAC which then does the Digital to Analogue Conversion (DAC) that is then amplified to either headphones or speakers. Not sure if it will work with car audio system because it will depend on what resolution and file types its DAC supports. Hope this helps?
- Answered by James W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?)
Is this compatable with a USB drain inspection cable camera, instead of using a computer to be able to view the inspection?
- Asked by Darlene M from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatable with a USB drain inspection cable camera, instead of using a computer to be able to view the inspection?)
Is it compatible with the Nikon COOLPIX L24?
- Asked by Thomas S from Victorville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with the Nikon COOLPIX L24?)