Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
JAM is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro, but its special circuitry is also designed to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the novice or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM provides inspiring tone for practicing, recording or just jamming.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
No configuration, just plug in and play
Easily adjust input levels for any instrument
Works with GarageBand, as well as any Core Audio compatible application on your Mac
Designed specifically for electric guitar and bass
Multi-colour LED for status indication and input level monitoring
High-quality locking output connects directly to the iPad, iPhone and dock connector port or the USB port on a Mac
PureDIGITAL instrument connection delivers pristine sound quality with 96kHz, 24-bit analogue-to-digital conversion.
Did You Notice?
Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends For
Beginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What’s in the Box
Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
USB cable for connection to Mac (1 m/3.3 ft.)
Quick start guide
Input Type: USB
Cable length: Lightning cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 0.5 m/1.6 ft. (iOS device connections); USB cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (Mac connection)
Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
CPU: 1.5 Ghz or faster Intel processor
RAM: 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
Input: USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
Requirements Software: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301471
Note: Apple’s one-year limited warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if they are packaged or sold with Apple products. Non–Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see the product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to any rights you have under Australian consumer law.
- iPod touch 6th Generation
- iPod touch 5th Generation
Answers from the community
How can you monitor your guitar playing if iPhone 7 has no headphone jack?
- Asked by Doug E from Box Elder
- on 09/09/2016
If you look at Belkin's reviews on their website, it's reported that the Rockstar adapter doesn't al If you look at Belkin's reviews on their website, it's reported that the Rockstar adapter doesn't allow data passthrough. Apple's own dock MIGHT work, though the awkwardness of having it attached is still an issue. I wonder it's possible to dismantle the dock and lay it all flat so i don't have to worry about snapping off that connector. I don't believe there is anything technically preventing an adapter that supports the daisy-chaining that lightning is capable of...but nothing has been announced.
- Answered by David R from Bay St Louis
- on 20/10/2016
Will the Apogee JAM Guitar Output work with iPhone 7 if there is no headphone jack? Will Bluetooth headphones work?
- Asked by Danielle V from Darwin
- on 09/04/2017
Only way which I tried myself is using USB DAC (soundcard) and Apogee JAM plugged to iPhone 7 throug Only way which I tried myself is using USB DAC (soundcard) and Apogee JAM plugged to iPhone 7 through powered USB hub. BTW. Bluetooth headphones are working with Apogee JAM but is not worth using it together because latency is too high and impossible to play live.
- Answered by Marek E from Brzeg
- on 14/04/2017
Apogee JAM Guitar Output to bluetooth speakers. How does this work?
- Asked by Günther K from Hennef
- on 15/03/2015
Due to the technology of Bluetooth it has a lot of "latency" or delay meaning that sound coming out Due to the technology of Bluetooth it has a lot of "latency" or delay meaning that sound coming out of Bluetooth is not in real time. This makes playing live music over Bluetooth a drag. You can connect directly to speakers with a headphone connector for best results.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 18/03/2015
Will this work with Pocket Amp for IPad?
- Asked by Charles C from Atlanta
- on 27/08/2011
Yes, JAM works with all Core Audio compliant iOS Music Apps.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 27/11/2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface. …