Terms and Conditions
iPod, Apple Watch and Mobile Phone Recycling
Apple has no responsibility for the loss or confidentiality of customer data on recycled equipment. Before shipping equipment, the customer should:
- Delete data on the hard disk drives and any other storage devices in the products.
- Back up or transfer any data prior to deletion.
- Remove any removable media, such as PCMCIA or SIM cards, and damage them beyond use.
- When shipping items that contain batteries, it is important to minimise the chance of an item turning on during shipping.
- ‘Detachable’ batteries: Any battery that can be detached from the phone unit must be detached and placed in a separate envelope prior to posting.
- Batteries within a sealed unit: Where the battery is within the phone, iPod or watch unit, the battery should be run down until no charge remains in the unit.
- Batteries that are corroded, leaking or otherwise damaged must not be posted under this program.
- By printing this shipping label, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Once the hardware has been shipped, Apple cannot return it to the sender. Participation in this program constitutes a relinquishment of all rights to and in the hardware and other related materials sent to Apple.
- Apple Watch
- Mobile phones from any manufacturer
- Mobile phone, Apple Watch and iPod accessories (ear phones, chargers etc.)
Limitation of Liability
Apple provides this service as an accommodation and accepts no liability to any person for any services performed in connection with the recycling offered in these terms, and specifically disclaims liability for lost profits, loss of business or other consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.