IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Guitar and Bass Interface
IK Multimedia’s iRig HD 2 is a high-quality guitar and bass interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac. With professional sound quality and multiple output options, iRig HD 2 makes it easy to connect to your favourite recording, practice and performance apps on both iOS devices and Mac.
iRig HD 2 offers a 1/4-inch instrument preamp with adjustable gain to let you set the optimal level for your guitar, and a multi-colour LED to let you know visually when you’re dialled in. 24-bit, 96kHz digital converters ensure great sound quality when recording or playing live.
There’s a 1/4-inch output to easily connect an amplifier or mixer. An FX/THRU switch lets you choose between a processed or clean version of your guitar’s signal, giving you more flexibility in how you integrate your Apple device into your guitar rig. iRig HD 2 also offers an 1/8-inch headphone output with adjustable volume for silent practice.
As part of the package, you get AmpliTube 4, IK’s award-winning amplifier and FX modelling software for Mac, along with a full version of AmpliTube for iOS devices. So you can be up and creating music in minutes on either your Mac or your iPhone or iPad.
1/4-inch instrument input for guitar, bass and other instruments
Adjustable input gain and multi-colour LED make getting the perfect levels easy
1/4-inch AMP output easily connects to an amplifier or mixer
1/8-inch Headphone output for silent practice
24-bit, 96kHz digital converters for pristine audio quality
Includes Lightning and USB cables to connect to all your Apple devices
Comes with AmpliTube 4 for Mac and code for unlocking full version of AmpliTube for iOS
Compatible with hundreds of music apps on both iOS and Mac, including GarageBand and Logic
What’s in the Box
IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Guitar and Bass Interface
Mic stand support and Velcro strap
Lightning to micro USB cable
USB to micro USB cable
AmpliTube 4 serial card
Serial number to unlock AmpliTube Full app (register by downloading free version of AmpliTube from the App Store)
Input Type: 1/8 Inch Stereo, 1/4 Inch Mono
Height: 2.1 cm/0.8 in.
Length: 10 cm/3.9 in.
Width: 3.9 cm/1.53 in.
Weight: 51.03 g/1.8 oz.
UPC or EAN No.: 8025813777033
Note: Apple’s one-year limited warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if they are packaged or sold with Apple products. Non–Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see the product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to any rights you have under Australian consumer law.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
is it compatible with Macbook mid 2010, High Sierra 10.13.6?
- Asked by Miguel J R from Punta Santiago
- on 17 Apr. 2020
Can this connect to electronic drum kit?
No answers yet
- Asked by Wong C from Singapore
- on 26 Nov. 2018
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPhone with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iR ig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube CS gives you 7 stompbox effects, 3 amplifiers, 3 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of nearly 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and now Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
AmpliTube CS features:
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 7 stomps, 3 amp, 3 cabinet and 2 mics
• Expandable with nearly 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and now Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing