Apogee HypeMiC Microphone
Watch the video by Apogee introducing HypeMiC
Apogee HypeMiC - Introducing the worlds first digital mic with built-in analog compression
Introducing Apogee HypeMiC
The first digital Mic with Built-in Analog Compression
Podcasts / Voice Overs
Connect Headphones or Capture Sound to a Different Device
Compression 0 1 2 3
Plug and Play iPhone iPad MAC PC
Believe the Hype
Apogee’s HypeMiC microphone features studio-quality analogue compression that’s easy to use and brings magic to your vocals, voice-overs, instruments, percussion and podcasts — anything you record. With HypeMiC and your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can make amazing recordings on the go.
Vocals and music
HypeMiC’s unique analogue compression enhances vocals like no other microphone. The three compression settings available in HypeMiC give you a truly balanced and “mixed” recording, reducing the need for extensive processing and mixing. Capturing your perfect take has never been easier.
HypeMiC brings a new level of smoothness and warmth to acoustic instrument recording. Varying compression levels allow you to capture the fullest tone of your instrument without compromise. Built for high SPL levels, HypeMiC provides greater clarity and detail when recording loud acoustic instruments from drums to horns to choirs.
Voice/audio for video
Ideal for live streaming, podcasts, broadcasts and voiceovers, HypeMiC balances audio dynamics for greater clarity resulting in better “broadcast-ready” recordings. HypeMiC is compatible with any Mac or PC and iOS app that allows you to select an audio device, so you’re never without a pro studio when you’re on the go.
HypeMiC analogue output helps you introduce new sounds to your recordings and mixes. You can send audio out of the HypeMiC stereo output into a mixer, audio interface and stand-alone recorder to capture the unique and bold sound of HypeMiC’s compression settings.
Studio-quality analogue compressor with three easy presets
Professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule
PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit/96kHz
46dB of mic preamp gain, digitally controlled for greater precision
Powerful headphone output with Blend feature for zero-latency recording
Premium accessories kit includes tripod, pop filter and travel case
No configuration required — just plug in and use with any audio app
Works with iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC
What’s in the Box
Apogee HypeMiC Microphone
Lightning cable for iOS devices
Premium desktop tripod stand
Microphone stand adapter
Height: 12.4 cm/4.88 in.
Width: 3.81 cm/1.5 in.
Depth: 3.81 cm/1.5 in.
Weight: 204 g/7.2 oz.
Operating System: iOS 9 or later; OS X 10.9 or later
UPC or EAN No.: 805676302171
Note: Apple’s one-year limited warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if they are packaged or sold with Apple products. Non–Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see the product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to any rights you have under Australian consumer law.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (1st generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini (1st generation)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Answers from the community
Can this mic be used for video calls through Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. on an iPhone or iPad?
- Asked by Anabel T from West Palm Beach
- on 26 Apr. 2020
Can you connect two of these microphones to the iPad Pro for a duo podcast episode recording?
- Asked by Taylor B from Agawam
- on 29 Mar. 2020
Which headphones work best with this particular microphone for voice overs? I have a MacBook Pro 13". Thanks!
- Asked by Loretta P from Frlsco
- on 28 Apr. 2019
I have Sennheiser HD 280s that work great with my HypeMiC!
- Answered by Carl H from Los Angeles
- on 18 May 2019