Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Use the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to connect an advanced digital monitor, such as the 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display, that includes a DVI connector. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
Compatible with Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
The cable is only about 5cms long... how am I meant to work, connecting laptop to monitor when the laptop is dangling underneath the monitor???
2 Answers(The cable is only about 5cms long... how am I meant to work, connecting laptop to monitor when the laptop is dangling underneath the monitor???)
- Asked by Cloey H from London
- on 22 Apr. 2020
Is this cable compatible with Macbook Air 2017?
No answers yet
- Asked by Hew Tung K from Puchong
- on 30 Mar. 2020
Is this Mini DisplayPort 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3-compatible? Also, is its output DVI-I or DVI-D and is it single or dual-link?
- Asked by Patrick C from London
- on 1 Feb. 2015
1.2, Single, DVI-D
- Answered by Soroush F from Salt Lake City
- on 27 Feb. 2015