Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
The Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter lets you easily connect to a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet network. Small and compact, it connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer and provides an RJ-45 port that supports 10/100/1000BASE-T networks.
What’s in the Box
Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable
OS X v10.7.4 or later
Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computer
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
Does this adapter support 10 gigabit ethernet?
No answers yet
- Asked by Peter S from Austin
- on 9 Nov. 2019
Can the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter be daisy-chained to a mac (e.g. via the LG UltraFine 4K Display that has two Thunderbolt-3 ports)?
- Asked by Simon H from Sevenoaks
- on 17 Sep. 2019
Does it work with a 15" MacBook Pro mid-2015?
- Asked by Simon L from Shortstown
- on 6 Sep. 2018
Yes, I use one frequently
- Answered by Jamie B from Brownton
- on 30 Nov. 2018
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
- Asked by CHRIS H from Marmong Point
- on 30 Dec. 2013
Can I use this to connect an (old) iMac via its ethernet port to an external thunderbolt hard drive?
- Asked by Andrew M from Glossop
- on 1 Aug. 2012
No you can't do that. The adaptor is designed to be used the other way around as it doesn't convert No you can't do that. The adaptor is designed to be used the other way around as it doesn't convert the signal but instead passes it on the the PCI controller to do. There currently isn't any way that i know of to connect a thunderbolt accessory to a non thunderbolt mac.
- Answered by Tomm A from Christchurch
- on 4 Aug. 2012
Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
1 Answer(Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?)
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXX
- on 21 Jun. 2012