Apple USB SuperDrive
The sleek, compact USB SuperDrive.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It’s perfect when you want to watch a DVD, install software, create backup discs and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road, and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you’re working.
The essence of simplicity.
You’ll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your Mac* with a single USB Type-A cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB Type-A Connector cable
17 mm / 0.67 inches
139 mm / 5.47 inches
139 mm / 5.47 inches
335 grams / 0.74 pounds
Compatible with the following computers:
*The Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with Mac models from 2008 and later that don't have a built-in optical drive.
*MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models with USB-C ports require a USB-C to USB adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
can i put a home dvd movie in my super drive and convert it to digital form on my mac computer
- Asked by Kannan C from Balwyn North
- on 7 Apr. 2020
can i transfer photos, movies from a CD to MAC hard-drive using USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Yan B from East Brunswick
- on 26 Mar. 2020
can i use the mac superdrive to install printer driver software from a cd-rom?
- Asked by Susan B from Lyndhurst
- on 29 Feb. 2020
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- on 24 Mar. 2020