USB-C to USB Adapter
The USB-C to USB Adapter lets you connect iOS devices and many of your standard USB accessories to any Mac with a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port.
Plug the USB-C end of the adapter into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac, and then connect your flash drive, camera or other standard USB device. You can also connect a Lightning to USB cable to sync and charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Compatible with the following computers:
12-inch MacBook; 13-inch MacBook Pro — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); 15-inch MacBook Pro — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); 21.5-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); 27-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); iMac Pro
What’s in the Box
Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 or later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 or later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac mini (2018)
Answers from the community
Will this work to connect a SuperDrive to a 16" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by James S from Saint Paul
- on 24 Feb. 2020
Can I upload pictures from a USB to my iPhone using this cable?
- Asked by Katie S from Country Club
- on 26 Sep. 2019
Yes, you can also transfer videos and sync you're iTunes. It also works to charge your phone or othe Yes, you can also transfer videos and sync you're iTunes. It also works to charge your phone or other devices or connect to an external hard-drive and transfer files.
- Answered by Keith P from San Diego
- on 5 Dec. 2019
can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter
- Asked by ERICK K from LONG BEACH
- on 17 Apr. 2015
Yes. I use it to connect a Lexar USB 3 SD and Compact Flash adapter to my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Ian M from Rockaway Park
- on 31 Dec. 2019