Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)
This 0.8-metre cable supports Thunderbolt 3 data transfer at up to 40 Gbps, USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer at up to 10 Gbps, DisplayPort video output (HBR3) and charging at up to 100 watts. Use this cable to connect any Mac with a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port to Thunderbolt 3 devices such as docks, hard drives and displays. You can daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices.
Transfer data at up to 40 Gbps
USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer at up to 10 Gbps
DisplayPort video output (HBR3)
Connect to Thunderbolt 3– or USB-C–enabled devices and displays
Up to 100 watts of power delivery
Etched Thunderbolt logo helps it stand out from other cables
Daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices
What’s in the Box
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Cable (0.8 m)
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 or later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 or later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016–2019)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac mini (2018)
Answers from the community
Is this the correct cable for transferring data from 2016 MBP to the new 2019 MBP?
- Asked by Robyn A from El Sobrante
- on 14 Nov. 2019
Is this the same cable that comes with the iPad Pro?
- Asked by David G from Nottingham
- on 3 Sep. 2019
No, the Thunderbolt 3 cable is more powerful than the basic iPad Pro charging cable and can be disti No, the Thunderbolt 3 cable is more powerful than the basic iPad Pro charging cable and can be distinguished from it by the ⚡️ symbols located by the connectors.
- Answered by Tuan Anh D from Brno
- on 16 Sep. 2019
Is this the cable I need to transfer data from my late 2013 iMac to brand new 2019 imac?
- Asked by Robert D from Burbank
- on 1 Oct. 2019
Can you use the Thunderbolt 3 on a 2012 mini mac with server?
- Asked by Paul R from Pioneer
- on 1 Feb. 2019
You need a 2018 Mac mini with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Answered by Omar B from Ledyard
- on 21 May 2019
Can I connect this to a power adapter and add a power cable for super fast charging?
- Asked by jetpakturtle from Cupertino
- on 22 Jan. 2019
Can I use this with the 2018 iPad Pro (3rd gen) to display onto my 2017 iMac 27inch?
- Asked by Zoe H from Success
- on 8 Nov. 2018