AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
A world of possibilities.
Engrave your initials, favourite emoji, phone number and more on your AirPods — for free. Only at Apple.
More magical than ever.
The new AirPods — complete with Wireless Charging Case — deliver the wireless headphone experience, re-imagined. Just pull them out of the case and they’re ready to use with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac.
After a simple one-tap setup, AirPods work like magic. They’re automatically on and always connected. AirPods can even sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out.
To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call or even get directions, simply say “Hey Siri” and make your request. You have the freedom to wear one or both AirPods, and you can play or skip forward with a double tap when listening to music or podcasts.
Charge your AirPods quickly and easily with the Wireless Charging Case. Just set the case down on a Qi-compatible charging mat and let it charge. The LED indicator on the front of the case lets you know that your AirPods are charging. And when you’re away from a charging mat, you can use a Lightning connector to charge.
AirPods deliver five hours of listening time1 and three hours of talk time on a single charge.2 And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a Wireless Charging Case that holds multiple charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.3 Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you three hours of listening time4 or two hours of talk time.5
Powered by the all-new Apple H1 headphone chip, AirPods use optical sensors and motion accelerometers to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the H1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional speech-detecting accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
Designed by Apple
Automatically on, automatically connected
Easy setup for all your Apple devices6
Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or setting up double tap
Double-tap to play or skip forward
Charges quickly in the case
Case can be charged either wirelessly using a Qi-compatible charging mat or with a Lightning connector1
Rich, high-quality audio and voice
Seamless switching between devices
What’s in the Box
Wireless Charging Case
Lightning to USB Cable
AirPods (each): 4 grams (0.14 ounce)
Wireless Charging Case: 40 grams (1.41 ounces)
AirPods (each): 16.5 by 18.0 by 40.5 mm (0.65 by 0.71 by 1.59 inches)
Wireless Charging Case: 44.3 by 21.3 by 53.5 mm (1.74 by 0.84 by 2.11 inches)
Wireless Charging Case: charges via Qi-compatible wireless charging mat or Lightning connector
Live Listen audio7
AirPods sensors (each):
Dual beamforming microphones
Dual optical sensors
AirPods with Wireless Charging Case: more than 24 hours of listening time3, up to 18 hours of talk time8
AirPods (single charge): Up to five hours of listening time1, up to three hours of talk time2
15 minutes in the case equals three hours of listening time4 or up to two hours of talk time5
iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS
iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS
Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS
Mac models with the latest version of macOS
Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
How to use AirPods with a thunderbolt display?
No answers yet
- Asked by TERENCE O from Dublin 4
- on 13 Jun. 2020
When recording a video, do AirPods work as a microphone?
- Asked by Dannica G from Dulles
- on 19 May 2020
Can I Use latest ear buds on IMAC Late 2013?
No answers yet
- Asked by Jose M from Brownsville
- on 15 May 2020