AppleCare+ for iPod touch
AppleCare+ for iPod touch
AppleCare+ for iPod provides up to two years of expert telephone technical support and additional hardware coverage from Apple (1), including up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a A$45 service fee. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com. Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by Australian consumer law. For details, click here.
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
Or buy it within 60 days of your iPod purchase:
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
- At an Apple Store (if AppleCare+ is purchased separately from iPod, inspection of iPod and proof of purchase are required.)
- By calling 1-300-321-456 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for expert service and support
Because Apple designs iPod and iOS, you get a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. (2)
- Direct access to Apple experts via chat or phone (2)
- 24/7 priority access through getsupport.apple.com
- Local Apple hardware service when travelling around the world(3)
Additional Apple hardware coverage
AppleCare+ provides local Apple hardware service options around the world, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPod
- Battery (1)
- Included earphones and USB cable
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPod, each subject to a A$45 service fee
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud for iPod touch
- Connecting iPod touch to Wi-Fi networks
- Apple-branded iPod touch apps
See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
- (1) AppleCare+ must be purchased within 60 days of the original purchase date of your iPod touch and provides up to two years of coverage from your AppleCare+ purchase date. AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to rights provided by Australian consumer law; for details, click here. Service coverage is available only for iPod touch and its original included accessories, for protection against (i) batteries that retain less than 80 per cent of their original capacity, and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling your iPod touch, each subject to a A$45 service fee. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See the terms for full details.
- (2) Local call charges may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change. Service options may be subject to certain restrictions.
- (3) Availability of service options depends on the country in which the service is requested and the location of the Apple Authorised Service Provider. Products returned for service may be repaired or replaced with parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by Australian consumer law; for details, click here. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPod touch. AppleCare+ is subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions. For complete details, see the terms.
In Australia, AppleCare+ coverage for accidental damage from handling is provided to you pursuant to a group insurance policy issued to Apple Pty Limited by AIG Australia Limited (AFSL 381686). Apple Pty Limited operates as a Group Purchasing Body in arranging the coverage for accidental damage from handling. AIG Australia Limited has authorised Apple Pty Limited to handle any claims you may have for accidental damage from handling.
Apple does not hold an Australian financial services licence. Neither Apple nor its distributors are authorised to provide any financial advice in respect of the insurance cover for accidental damage from handling. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Apple Notice (as found in the AppleCare+ terms and conditions above) and consider these in light of your personal circumstances, prior to making any decision to acquire the product.