Cameras in 6s compared to 7
- Asked by Carletta L from Mardela
- Flag as inappropriate (Cameras in 6s compared to 7)
1 Answer from the Community
The rear cameras are both 12mp in size. The 7 has OIS, Optical Image Stabilization, meaning the lens itself moves to stabilize an image. The iPhone 6s has digital stabilization meaning software stabilizes the shot. The iPhone 7 has an f/1.8 and the iPhone 6s has an f/2.2 which results in slightly better low light image capturing on the iPhone 7. There also is a quad LED Flash on the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 6s is dual LED flash.
The Selfie camera on the iPhone 7 is 7mp and the iPhone 6s is 5mp.
Lastly the iPhone 7 captures a wider cinematic color range than the iPhone 6s.
Also the 7 Plus has 2 cameras. Which allows for optical zoom, the lens physically zooming in.
The 6s Plus only has 1 camera like the 6s which the only difference being is the 6s Plus has OIS like the 7 and 7 Plus.
- Answered by Dylan R from Monmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this protect the camera that sticks out so you can lay on a flat surface?
- Asked by Katie K from Jefferson Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this protect the camera that sticks out so you can lay on a flat surface?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport Case for iPho…
Will this work with a SLR camera?
- Asked by Richard A from Clifton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a SLR camera?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter