Can the air pods volume be controlled from a device such as a phone?
From what I know, the only way to control volume on the air pods is through Siri, I was curious if you'd be able to control the volume by using the buttons on your iPhone, I don't think it would be very convenient to have to talk to Siri for everything. I am planning to use these during school and I don't want to say "Turn up the volume" and disturb the class. I would very much appreciate if this could be answered before the release of the air pods, thank you.
- Asked by Shannon G from Royse City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the air pods volume be controlled from a device such as a phone?)
4 Answers from the Community
Yes, the buttons on your iPhone will be able to control the volume of AirPods, much like other bluetooth earbuds and EarPods. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Erik N from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The volume on the AirPods can be controlled several ways. You can double tap on them and say "increase/decrease volume." You can adjust the volume on your iPhone at the Control Center. You can also control the volume if you have an Apple Watch.
- Answered by Deborah M from North Bangor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. I have successfully turned up the volume using the physical buttons on my phone. I find it more convenient than telling Siri to turn up the volume...unless the phone is not sitting very close by.
- Answered by Inez S from Moorestown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
They work exclusively with Apple Devices, you could use your Watch, Mac or iPhone to control everything. You can use Siri just to make things easier when running, not required.
- Answered by Suzanne P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is it compatible with iPhone 4s for taking calls, music and volume control?
- Asked by Mohinder S from New Delhi
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with iPhone 4s for taking calls, music and volume control?)
- Asked about: BeatsX Earphones — Matt Gold
Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?
- Asked by Jordan W from Collingswood
- Flag as inappropriate (Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet