Do I need a power converter to charge my iPhone while traveling in Asia to convert voltage from 110 to 260 volts or do I just use these plug adapters?
Iphone Electric Converter in Asia
1 Answer from the Community
Basically there are two main standards for voltage and frequency in the world.
One is the standard of 110-120 volts at a frequency of 60 Hz （mostly used in USA）,
and the other is the standard of 220–240 volts at 50 Hz (mostly used in Europe).
China uses generally 220V, 50HZ, AC (Hong Kong is 200V; Taiwan is 110V)
All original apple charger have a threshold of 110-250v (its usually engraved in the charger itself)
so please check with the country what voltage they use and see if your Apple charger is compatible before you leave.
- Answered by Vasileios R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support dual voltage (110V to 220V)?
- Asked by Pushkar R from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support dual voltage (110V to 220V)?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base
is the charger compatable with 240 Volts at 50 Hertz.
- Asked by Susan B from Pleasantville
- Flag as inappropriate (is the charger compatable with 240 Volts at 50 Hertz.)