Is black matte iPhone 7 having an issues with color chipping and discoloration?
I am about to buy iPhone 7 now, and still thinking between Silver and Black matte one. I like black matte the most, but I have read couple of reviews that color finish is not so quality and color is coming off, like chipping and discoloration. So now I am considering the Silver one, because it will be such a shame to give 800€(850$), as it costs that much in my country,for new iPhone, and to have issues with color for that money. And I am not planning to buy new one in nect teo years for sure, and some people having issues with color after 2 months of use. So I think that Silver is the safest option, but I am about to listen your comments...
- Asked by Nikola T from Astoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Is black matte iPhone 7 having an issues with color chipping and discoloration?)
2 Answers from the Community
Joshua G is wrong. The pitting and chipping isn't the same between the colors. I have owned multiple iPhones and none have chipped and pitted like this matte black one. I have multiple friends that have any other colors and they have zero problems. The matte black is much worse. I would suggest staying away from this finish until the next model. There is an issue with the anodizing of the matte finish on the harder metal used to prevent bending.
- Answered by Brian W from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The colour chipping and coming off is just as likely to happen with a silver iPhone as a matte black one. Chips are simply more noticeable in the matte black phone than the silver as the chips are white in both models
- Answered by Joshua G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is the red case soft like the black and white ones?
- Asked by Kristie H from Clarkston
- Flag as inappropriate (is the red case soft like the black and white ones?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
Are those the only colors available ?
- Asked by Sufian K
- Flag as inappropriate (Are those the only colors available ?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 / 6s Silicone Case - (PROD…
No answers yet