On the picture of the new Xs Max, the "Gold" looks more pink. Is it a true "Gold" or is it a "Rose Gold" like the 6s Plus?
3 Answers from the Community
I received mine XS MAX and disappointed to see that it is not really gold.......infact it is rose/pink gold.
- Answered by Omprakash S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just received mine today and the answer is...neither. I was upgrading from a 6 - in gold. The 6 gold is like an antique gold finish. Truly a gold - but not shiny/brassy gold. But not the rose/pink gold. The Xs has edges that are kind of a bronzy shiny gold (?) but are too dark to really call a rose gold...although they are definitely not what I would call gold. The back, however is what is REALLY weird. The back is this hard to describe beige/off-white with a bit of pinky/flesh tone color in it. Um....way far from gold color. Honestly, the back is super disappointing because it doesn't look good in any of the cases I can find so far. Clear cases look ridiculous because I don't want to show off a "flesh" colored phone. And I had gotten a cute Kate Spade case with black, gold, light pink, and white horizontal lines on it...and NONE of those colors match or really compliment the back. So, it's interesting to try to see what will look nice with it. I continue to see it advertised on TV and the phone is made to look like the back is the same color as the sides...which is definitely not the case.
Hope this is helpful to others. If you like the light/apricot-ish pink back and dark gold edge look with all black front...maybe you'll love this look. I think if I had it to do over, I would have chosen all black with this interpretation of "gold." ;)
- Answered by Darci W from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I haven't seen it in person but my 8plus looked more pinkish beige than gold so that's why I chose a different color for my XS max. The 8 plus definitely was NOT gold regardless of the gold name they gave it.
- Answered by Linda K from Pewaukee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Different colored headphones?
- Asked by Kevin D from Tavares
- Flag as inappropriate (Different colored headphones?)
- Asked about: AirPods
How easy is the case to clean?
- Asked by Jardin L from Fairview
- Flag as inappropriate (How easy is the case to clean?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 / 6s Silicone Case - (PROD…
Are the OLED screens in the x-generation of the iphones more dimmable than the LCD screens in the other iphone generations + iphone xr?
- Asked by Jared K from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the OLED screens in the x-generation of the iphones more dimmable than the LCD screens in the other iphone generations + iphone xr?)